Installing PyQt on Mandrake 8.2

iwk iwk_spamisanono at nospam_xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 11 17:16:10 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I need to install PyQt on Mandrake 8.2 but I've been running into some
trouble. PyQt doesn't seem be included in the PowerPack edition which I
bought so I downloaded the RPM from the contributions directory on a
mirrorsite but that one failed because it was linked to an older version
of SIP. Then I tried to install from source but ./configure failed
because it couldn find the Python SIP modules. Apparently these ones
aren 't included with Mdk8.2 either.

Has anyone been more succesfull? What should be the proper steps to get
PyQt installed on Mdk 8.2?

Regards,

Iwan