distutils/boost question

Uwe Schmitt uwe.schmitt at procoders.net
Fri Jun 28 09:43:21 EDT 2002

Hi,

I used the Boost.Python library to write some python-extension.
How can I distribute the generated (binary) .so-file with distutils ?
I don't want to distribute the  sources, only the binaries.
In detail: I have to distribute the libbpl.so from boost and
my own .so-file. One problem is, that I have to add the
path of libbpl.so to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. When I only copy it
to the extension-folder of python, it does not work...

I use Activestate Python2.2 and RedHat 7.2

Greetings, Uwe.

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt    python, php, c++, codes, tips, tutorials at
uwe.schmitt at procoders.net    http://www.procoders.net