[development doc updates]

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jun 17 05:34:12 EDT 2002

"John Roth" <johnroth at ameritech.net> writes:

> "Fred L. Drake" <fdrake at acm.org> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1024057266.26182.python-list at python.org...
> > The development version of the documentation has been updated:
> >
> >     http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/
> >
> > Updated to reflect recent changes.
>
> I'm not certain I understand item 5. Extended Slices.

Where specifically?  In the whatsnew document?  That section isn't
finished yet.

> Does this mean that the standard sequence types now support
> the stride operand,

Yes.  Well, at least lists, tuples, strings (both flavours), arrays.

> or that the stride operand is being depreciated and will eventually
> vanish?

No.  Assuming you mean "deprecated" -- a common typo!.

Cheers,
M.

--
93. When someone says "I want a programming language in which I
    need only say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.