Comparison: HTTP with Java, Perl or Python

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sat Jun 8 22:21:50 EDT 2002

WHat you want to do reminds me of this (open source) project:

http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/

- it already has a framework/examples for many things you
are measuring. (and for MUCH MUCH more languages).
The project seem to be frozen but everybody can
advance it further.

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Ingo Linkweiler wrote:

>For comparison:
>- Time for coding
>- Time for testing and debugging
>- Number of changes during debugging
>- Lines of Code / Packed bytes (without comments)
>- Is code readable by a programmer who not has used the language before?
>
>Are you interested? Any suggestions?
>We need at least 2 programmers for each language (Python, Perl, Java, TCL)
>
>Ingo

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
\_ Russia \_ Karelia \_ Petrozavodsk \_ rnd at onego.ru \_
\_ Sunday, June 09, 2002 \_ Powered by Linux RedHat 7.2 \_