accessing database of other applications

nagaraj nagarajagadi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 04:00:01 EDT 2002

nagarajagadi at yahoo.com (nagaraj) wrote in message news:<56334c65.0206022208.363ade63 at posting.google.com>...
> HI
> I am a fresh developer in palmOS. i wanted to know how can I access
> the database of some other application (eg:datebook, memopad or any
> other user application) through my application. can I use the
> datamanager functions (APIs) given in sdk? if so how? if I use
> dmOpenDatabaseByTypeCreator how to get the creatorID of a perticular
> database?
> thanx in advance

to clarify it more.. if i dont know anything about the other
application's database (name, creator, type etc )... and even if I go
searching the databases one by one how to know a perticular database
belongs to the application? ( assuming that the appInfo block in
database is blank).. if it is possible then please anyone tell me.. if
not is it necessary to know the creator or name of the database?

thanks