connect to running internet explorer (IE) via shdocvw.dll

Marc Spoorendonk marc.spoorendonk at pretection.com
Wed Jun 19 07:05:08 EDT 2002

This is how my problem can be handled in VB:

Dim SWs As New SHDocVw.ShellWindows
Dim IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

For Each IE In SWs
       Set Doc = IE.document
       If TypeOf Doc Is HTMLDocument Then
          List3.AddItem Doc.url
       End If
Next

The question is simple: How can I accomplish this same thing in Python?

Mark Hammond answered me this by email:
"I think you will find SHDocVw is a vtable interface, and therefore not
supported by Python."

I've read up about vtable, COM etc. but I am fairly new to this. (I was
born as a Unix programmer.)  I've played with the interfaces and
makepy.py. Should I write a python-plugin in C++ or can it be done by
native pytoncode?

Regards,

Marc