thread module under Windows

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jun 3 16:03:30 EDT 2002

"Pete Shinners" <shredwheat at attbi.com> wrote in message
news:3CFB9030.4030802 at attbi.com...
> Dmitri wrote:
> > I have been searching the conference for the simple question like "
> > where the thread module is " and got the answer that it's inside the
> > python if the threading support is on.
>
> Thread support defaults to "on" for all python compiles. all windows users
> will have thread support, unless they have specifically compiled there own
> without. an easy way to test is to just try it..

[ ... ]

Erm, isn't cygwin the exception here, due to an occasional buglet which
Jason hasn't yet finally squashed? I semm to remember I had to explicitly
rebuild my cygwin python to get threading.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/