Win32/Python serial port event character problem

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat Jun 29 16:38:17 EDT 2002

Derek Basch <dbasch at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1025380000.22796.python-list at python.org:

> Sorry to post this again but it didn't get any

well 14hrs isn't that much time on a weekend... some people only look into
news once per week.

> I use the following code to read data from the serial
> port when a certain event character ('\n') is
> received:
> Has anyone ever dealt with this? Is using the event
> character not a reliable method in windows?

no sorry, i haven't used the event mode.

> This is driving me batty so any help is greatly
> appreciated.

<shaemles plug>
my tip is: use http://pyserial.sf.net

and read the characters in a separate receiver thread. that thread can then
trigger on any character or sequence (e.g. using a Queue to communicate
with other threads)
</shaemles plug>

--
http://pyserial.sf.net