how i use 'ã' in python???

Michael Anckaert michael at belgacom.net
Wed Jun 19 08:00:34 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 01:38:45AM -0300, jubafre at zipmail.com.br wrote:
> i?m brazilian, and in my laguage(Portguese) there are many other caracters
> how á, ã, â and a string in python doesn?t support this
> how i can use??? have a import module for this???
>
> BRASILEIROS DA LISTA COMO VCS CONSEGUEM USAR ACENTO NO PYTHON??
>
> for exmple:
> s='ã'
> doesn?t work?why??

It works for me. I tried the ã and á characters and they both work out
fine if I want to asign a string these variables. Maybe there is a
problem with your editor?
What exactly is the error message you get?

LINUX: The Choice of a GNU Generation...
Michael Anckaert
manckaert at belgacom.net
xantor at linux.be
xantor at xantor.tk
http://www.xantor.tk
Jabber: xantor at jabber.org
If you use envelopes, why not use encryption?