OT: timeout with SSL sockets? (was Re: How to stop a SocketServer? )

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Thu Jun 27 18:05:16 EDT 2002

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Peter> By the way, look into "timeoutsocket.py" which is a plug-in
>     Peter> replacement for the standard socket.py and which might do the
>     Peter> trick for you.
>
> Note socket objects grow a settimeout() method in 2.3.  If you get Python
> from CVS you can have it today:
[...] snip

That is nice indeed. Will this also work with (M2Crypto) SSL sockets?
I've had some struggles with M2Crypto SSL sockets, timeouts and select...

Thanks
Irmen de Jong