Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Jun 10)

Alexandre Fayolle alf at logilab.fr
Tue Jun 11 05:00:05 EDT 2002

Hello,

Sorry to interrupt, but I have to correct a misleading statement in the
latest Dr. Dobb's Python URL.

Kragen Sitaker a écrit :

> Programming Libraries:
>
>     Logilab's 'constraint', a constraint satisfaction problem
>     programming environment for Python, which lets you program in
>     Prolog style in Python, has released version 0.2.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is not true. For programming in Prolog style in Python, you can use
Christophe Delord's Pylog (http://christophe.delord.free.fr/en/pylog/).
This will give you facts, and rules, as you would have using SWI-Prolog
or GnuProlog.

The constraint module won't let you do variable unification as you would
do it in prolog. It takes a set of variables with their domains and a
set of constraints on the values of these variables to find all possible
simultaneous assignments to these variable that satisfies the
constraints.

Cheers,

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).