Cookie question

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Jun 4 17:10:34 EDT 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Ken wrote:
[...]
> If I have many different cgi scripts checking UserID this way, are they all
> refering to the same cookie?

They are if and only if the browser sends back the same cookie as last
time.  I don't think I understand what you're getting at.

> If it is so, how come my other scripts can't read userid correctly? What did
> I do wrong?

Can you be more specific?

> Also, where does the cookie get saved in my computer (using Win2000 Pro)? I
> don't seem to find any cookie inside the Tempory Internet Files folder.

Why should they get saved in there?  Firstly, this is Python, not IE, that
you're programming.  Secondly, you're talking about the server end of the
cookie protocol, and it's the client's responsibility to save cookies --
that's the whole point!

Am I misunderstanding you?

John