printing (again!!)

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Wed Jun 26 14:52:28 EDT 2002

"Geoff Tarrant" <geoff at galtar.co.uk> wrote in
news:afcusp$66r$1 at newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

> I want to use Python as the language in a Computing course that I
> teach. However, I can't find a way that is relatively straightforward
> to send data to a printer in a Windows environment.  If I can't find a
> way around this, I will have to revert to Delphi or VB.  Please help.
> I like the idea of sending 20 or so Python programmers to University
> each year.

you can try different things.

1. use reportlab and generate PDF. save the trees, make achiving easy. its
has many more uses, e.g on the fly PDF for CGI etc.

2. use the printing framework of a GUI. i've successfuly printed with
wxPython. win32all has printing support too, through the standard windows
API. win32all is a defacto standard for python on windows users anyway.

i prefer 1) as it's more versatile, platform indepent and just cool.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>