Installation problems DCOracle2 & W2000

Talon talon34 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 22:34:54 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I am having a heck of a time getting DCOracle2 to funcion properly.  I
am running on a W2K machine, python2.1.3 and Zope 2.5.1, both of which
run just fine.  I installed DCOracle2 and the ZOracleDA under Zope and
it works fine.  But standalone python scripts don't see the dco2.py
module.  So I tried to install DCOracle2 in the python21/lib folder.  I
got that latest version from Zope.org and it said it installed properly.
But it doesn't run.  If you try to import it into a script, you get
complaints that it can't find this or that module, all of which are part
of the Zope path.

I tried the odbc package, and it works for SELECT's but has a problem
with INSERT's.  I downloaded the mxODBC package, but haven't tried it
yet and I've read about  the cxOracle module.  Does anyone have any
advice?  The docs for Windows install of DCOracle2 are really poor and
inconsistent.  I would like to stay with DCOracle2 if possible, since
that is what is running on Zope, but I will consider anything that works.

TIA,

Mark