RfD: Automagically making a class instance 'synchronized' (draft impl.)

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Tue Jun 11 20:13:03 EDT 2002

Gerhard H?ring wrote:
> Btw. I've only recently started to seriously experiment with
> multithreading. Have you read my recent post

> with the title "Need advice on multithreading problem"
>
> ? I find it really nifty. It's about wrapping a C library function that
> uses callbacks to Python generators. I'd welcome any comments on the
> approach I've taken there (Queue.Queue, a deferred producer thread with
> the generator in the main thread being the consumer).

I think i read it. Although i know something about bigger
multithreaded applications (ACE/c++) and some things about python i haven't really
digged into the c-extension api so i can't be of much help there.
But i am going to enter the wonderful world of extensions Real Soon Now (tm).

good luck anyway,

    holger