Freeze questions

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Thu Jun 6 05:40:06 EDT 2002

Sung H. Kim wrote:
> Can the Freeze tool be used with C libraries? i.e. extensions?
>
> Will it create a truly standalone app (on Windows)?
>
> Does it support tk/tkinter apps yet?
>
> Finally, is there a good how-to on the Windows platform?

Does it have to be freeze? I used it quite a lot and to be honest, it's
quite difficult to get Tkinter applications working after freezing if you
do not have a shared tcl/tk installation... There are other solutions that
are far more straightforward for this business. I personally use Gordon
McMillan's installer ( http://mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html ) which is
very simple to configure and use. And it natively supports Tkinter
applications.

There is another installer called py2exe (just google for it), but I never
tried it, so I don't know if it suits your needs.

HTH
--
- Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> -