connecting embedded Python audio samples with NumPy?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Thu Jun 27 10:49:38 EDT 2002

I have a C app that reads audio data, and I'd like to pass this audio
data in array format to Python functions so I can use it with NumPy.

I have this working right now - generating a float array from the sample
stream. But I want to put this array into a form usable by the FFT
functions. I've read over this paper:

	http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2001/01/31/numerically.html

Which indicates I need to put my 1D sample stream into a 2D array. Can
anyone elaborate more on this? I'm wondering if I should provide the
array pre-made for FFTs from my C code, or I should build the 2D array
from the 1D array I have in Python.