tray icon using tkinter

Anoop P B anoop79 at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 18 15:41:51 EDT 2002

thanks a lot for your help. appreciate it.

actually, i havent done much tkinter or mfc before. i have been playing
with wxpython for a month. i didnt like the idea that i had so many
widget-ID numbers floating about in wxpython that i had to keep track
of. and i dont understand why the concept of widgetID numbers - why not
just link the widget-name with the handler?

anyways, so i decided to check out tkinter and see if i can write my
current project in tkinter instead. it appears as though i need to learn
mfc to do what i want (the tray icon). so, i am thinking i'd rather go
back to using wxpython.

the TrayIt thing suggested by John looks like a gr8 tool but wont serve
my purpose here since i want to also learn how to integrate this feature
into my python program. Besides, deployment on the client's machine will
be a problem. secondly, tkinter3000 seems to be in pre-alpha and the
tkinter3k docs that i could find on the net dont seem to have anything
on howto do the tray icon thing. or have i missed something there?

~anoop