Zip makes sense! was: Re: why not "'in' in 'in'"?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Fri Jun 14 16:25:28 EDT 2002

Aaaah, a logger. Obviously the first on his block to be a logger. The joys
of bravely loggin where no one has logged before! ;->

Perhaps if he was an english major, or english was his first language, he
could tell that the common meaning of yield isn't produce. I have no idea
what zip means beyond being a name for a compression utility or a verb
meaning to exercise a zipper.

If-you-want-to-make-a-beginner's-language-don't-fsck-it-up-with-obscure-mean
ingsly-yours,

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA