IDE recommendations??

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jun 15 05:18:09 EDT 2002

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have googled this list for IDE recommendations, but have found none
> that satisfied me. I am looking for an IDE that allows development of
> Qt/KDE applications using Python. So far I have found BlackAdder.
> However, it looks as if development has stalled. I could use individual
> applications (e.g. qt-designer for gui, scite as an editor, pyuic, ...),
> but this lacks some comfort. I would appreciate any recommendation for a
> suitable IDE

I've tried to use most IDE's out there -- from Pythonwin to Pythonworks.
None was really comfortable, except for Wing IDE, which is really powerful.
It doesn't include integration of a GUI designer, though, which makes it
little more than a glorified editor/debugger (but _very_ glorified). At one
point there was a version of KDevelop that supported Python development, but
that has disappeared, it seems.

I use bash & XEmacs & Designer nowadays, and that gives me a fair
productivity.