Integrals with Python

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Wed Jun 26 03:03:52 EDT 2002

Nathan Given wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm somewhat familiar with MATLAB, and I'm trying to move completely
> over to python... and I was wondering if there is a function out there
> that will compute integrals for me...
>
> here's what I've found so far...
>
> http://pylab.sourceforge.net/
>
> but I'm not sure what I need off that page...
>
> I already have Numeric... what else do I need?

If you have got measurements only and want to numerically integrate that
you can get a small Simpson function from me (a few lines of python
code). Drop me a note. I use it heavily in combination with measurements
(and the precision is okay; you know measurement values...).

There would be the option to pinch a C code from the net an write the
bining with the help of SWIG; or even better pinch a Fortran code from
the net and make a shared module with the help of F2PY.

S. Gonzi