Python hits the spot

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Mon Jun 24 04:50:37 EDT 2002

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:05:02 +0200, Siegfried Gonzi <siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote:

>>whether it will be a good idea to rewrite it in Fortran 90. Python can
>>then be used in combination with DISLIN for the plots.
>>

> Still no real diagnosis, though ;-/

Hi,

1. I could not sleep and installed the normal Python version and
installed it with gcc. But the situation didn't change.

2. Has got anybody any idea how to  write a small script which tests my
processor for 30 minutes. As I wrote, I wrote a small Python script
which does claiming memory for 30 minutes. "Top" then tells me something
like that: processor 5% ;  memory 99%.

Someone guessed that maybe my processor got too hot. Therefore: what
about a small script of the form: processor 99% ; memory 5%.

That could at least clarify whether the processor becomes to hot after
beeing used without breaks.

Writing the memory consumption script was easy, but I do not have any
clue how to write a processor consumption script.

Regards,
S. Gonzi