SWIG and Callbacks

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Jun 14 20:33:50 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have to bind a C-library which does lots of low-level
ioctl and uses c-callback functions. Using SWIG has given
me the possibility to call most of the wrapped functions
without too much hassle, but I just learned that SWIG can't
call Python-functions as callbacks.

I had a quick look at the other wrappers (SILOON, GRAD, CXX, etc.)
but most look either outdated or not appropriate for this task.
Do you know an (automatic) wrapper generator which has this feature?

I know sip can do this for c++ libraries - can sip also be used
to wrap plain c-libs without "handwriting" code?

Yours,

:M: