Python MTA

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Fri Jun 7 18:44:34 EDT 2002

Has anyone developed a simple/stupid Mail Transfer Agent using Python that
does't rely on any external mail agents (and thus would be platform
independent)?

What I have in mind is an app that sits between my mail client (outlook
(dev/null=flames)) and, at most, a few mail hosts. It would act like a
client to those mail hosts and as a host to outlook. The idea is to be able
to insert a spam filter like ASK (or something better?).

Pointers to any such and/or other spam filters appreciated.

TIA,

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA