Compiling Python

TuxTrax TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net
Thu Jun 6 12:20:19 EDT 2002

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 00:44:32 +0100, Graham Ashton <graham at effectif.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:31:19 +0100, TuxTrax wrote:
>
>> My question is this; I realize that Python compiles to bytecode
>> automatically as part of the interpreters tokenization run, but is there
>> a way to permanently compile python code outputting to an executable
>> binary?
>
> Not exactly, in general. Have a look for py2exe, psyco, and pyrex for info
> on some of the things that you can currently do.
>
> GvR alludes to compilation being of interest in the future in a recent
> interview:
>
>    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2002/06/04/guido.html

Thanks for the information, Graham.

Cheers,

Mathew

--
TuxTrax   (n.) An invincible, all terrain, Linux driven armored assault
vehicle that can take as much fire as it gives ;-)

<Carnivore activation string>
ASSASINATION ANTHRAX PRESIDENT NUCLEAR TALIBAN AMMONIUM NITRATE
</Carnivore activation string>

Yes, I am a Penguin cult high priest. Fin readings upon request.
ROT13 this email address to mail me: uvtuqrfregzna at lnubb.pbz