Inter Process Communication with Numeric arrays

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Wed Jun 26 14:21:24 EDT 2002

Ian McConnell <ian at nasoftware.co.uk> writes:
> I'm writing both processes (though one might be in C) so ORB/CORBA seems to
> be overkill and I can't get through to the memory mapped files at
>         http://pobox.com/~kragen/sw/arrayfrombuffer/
> (Internal server error)

My previous message on the subject seems not to have made it to this
thread, but I fixed the error.

Vmaps is more oriented toward IPC than arrayfrombuffer, but
arrayfrombuffer works for IPC, at least on Linux.  arrayfrombuffer
will help you get the data back and forth quickly and conveniently,
but provides no synchronization primitives, so you might have to use
other means (such as pipes, sockets, or filesystem access) for
synchronization.  Vmaps, which I haven't tried, has synchronization
primitives.