Python and remote sensing

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 25 00:16:44 EDT 2002

Siegfried Gonzi <siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> a technician of us asked me whether it is possible to do the following:
>

> Starting a script on Unix at lets say 2 am and calling a remote site
> (http://www.whatever...) and that site should become passively processed
> (the site holds 41 observing stations). Is it possible to start a remote

Not sure what "passively processed" means.  If you are talking about
fetching webpages periodically, then crontab and any script will do.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin