JIT Complier for python?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Jun 12 01:59:13 EDT 2002

On 11 Jun 2002, d2002xx wrote:

>Is there any JIT Compiler for Python?

Hmmm... Python always compiles it's modules 'just-in-time'. If you do not
import some module, it will not be compiled. Also if compiled version
exists, it will be used (if it is not older than code version).

On the other hand, there are no Python compilers (to native machine code)
I know of. So presumable there are no JIT compilers too.

(I am trying to imagine what JIT compilation could do in Python.)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
\_ Russia \_ Karelia \_ Petrozavodsk \_ rnd at onego.ru \_
\_ Tuesday, June 11, 2002 \_ Powered by Linux RedHat 7.2 \_