SOLVED (Re: Python hits the spot)

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue Jun 25 15:57:56 EDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:28:34 +0200, Siegfried Gonzi <siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote:

>Bengt Richter wrote:
>
>> Well, lucky guess on the heat. That _probably_ accounts for laptop
>> going to 87% and then shutting down, but how about the other huge
>> slowdowns in your big loop of 8? Did you get that diagnosed too?
>> Just curious ;-)
>
>On my stationary machine definitely not. The 8 steps remain constant. I
That can be read two ways ;-)
1) Definitely no diagnosis, and 8 steps remain different as they were
2) Definitely no slowdowns, and 8 steps now execute with ~constant timing.

Still curious ;-)

>am contemplating to buy a special cooler for may laptop (I saw some in a
>computer magazine).

I think the laptop manufacturer should buy it for you (unless you were
running it outside specs for ambient temperature and ventilation).
Good luck.

Regards,
Bengt Richter