Interfacing to 1-Wire LAN, especially Dallas temperature sensors?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jun 5 22:42:38 EDT 2002

"James J. Besemer" wrote:

> It's possible you'll have better results via the parallel port:
>
>     http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=i2c+parallel+port
>
> "I2C" is similar to the two-wire protocol (data plus clock) used on the
> dallas parts.

True, but just to avoid possibly misleading anyone: there is almost
nothing in common between two-wire protocols like I-squared-C and the
One-Wire protocol from Dallas.  The latter is highly timing-sensitive,
as well as requiring a bidirectional pin, or one input plus one
open-collector output pin.  Tricky stuff.

-Peter