Web templating/db tool with best designer/coder separation?

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 11:32:41 EDT 2002

In article <af8dtp$5qp$0 at 216.39.172.122>, Bengt Richter wrote:
[ZPT]
> and from the description, this would seem to have a real advantage over all of
> the above, in that it uses attributes of html tags as opposed to special tags
> that browsers or design tools won't generally understand and render usefully.

jonpy is also designed to be design-tool-proof, in that the only two
constructs it places into the HTML are simple strings in ordinary
text or attributes (where design tools will not mess with them) and
HTML comments to denote structure (which design tools also will not
generally mess with). So I don't think that ZPT has any advantage over
jonpy here.