self

Vojin Jovanovic vjovanov at stevens-tech.edu
Mon Jun 10 12:49:40 EDT 2002

Yep, this time you did it. You practically implemented a delayed evaluator
in Python.  I added the stuff to my own code and added some other things
like access to global variables etc.  Everything works fine.  I have to
admit that it is a clever trick to collect the names from an expression by
evaluating the expression in an empty dictionary.  Exactly what one needs to
get rid of self.  Now as Fernando Perez suggested this can be used to add
':=' to the language, but I am not familiar with that stuff.

Thank you for your help and for not giving up on the problem

V.J.