Newbie question (anyone programming with curses?)

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Mon Jun 24 04:12:35 EDT 2002

Forgive me if i'm incorrect - it's been awhile since I mucked with curses.

Isn't the purpose of curses to convert ANSI standard codes into whatever a
particular terminal understands? If so, consoles on NT/2k/XP should all do
cursor positioning , blinking, color control etc. directly IIRC. Even
Win95/98/ME will do it if ansi.sys is loaded.

Another alternative is S-Lan and PySlan, which is platform independent and
unencumbered I believe. I have built and gotten both running on Win 2k.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA