[ANN] pyPgSQL 2.1 released

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Wed Jun 5 11:21:32 EDT 2002

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= <gh_pythonlist at gmx.de> wrote in message news:<mailman.1023270308.20913.python-list at python.org>...

> * Fixed the array parsing so it also works with PostgreSQL versions 7.2.x.

I doubt that this is related, but does the 'IN' operator work with
statement parameters (bind variables) in pyPgSQL yet? I recently found
that doing something like this...

  cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM CAGES WHERE NAME IN %s",
    (("mammals", "apes"),))

...gives some kind of parsing error inside pyPgSQL. Just to verify
that I wasn't doing anything too strange, I tried the same thing with
psycopg and it worked as expected.

Another thing: pyPgSQL seems to be fine with Unicode query strings
(unlike psycopg, apparently), but it doesn't like Unicode parameter
values. Is there some explicit encoding step I should be performing?

Paul