ImageMagick for Python incl. Source

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 18:31:48 EDT 2002

Achim Domma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just updated http://www.procoders.net/imagemagick with some
> documentation and small examples. There is also source code to compile
> ImageMagick for Python on non-windows plattforms, but this might be a bit
> tricky. Feel free to ask, if you have problems.

Sorry to display my ignorance here, but what on earth is a "Jamfile"? You
should either specify that to build this on other platforms you need 'bjam'
(non-standard in the Unix world) giving a link to it, or (more likely to be
useful) provide a normal Makefile for the build. I tried google(bjam) and got
all sorts of irrelevant links. Under Linux, 99% of the people will try to
build this using gcc/make, so a simple makefile will probably do.

An unrelated question: do you know what advantages ImageMagick has over PIL? I
ask out of honest curiosity. I've long been an ImageMagick fan, but since
Python has sort of 'builtin' imaging support via PIL, I wonder what the
differences are. Anyway good luck with this, I love ImageMagick so I hope
your project can be built under Unix soon.

cheers,