Python hits the spot

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Sun Jun 23 05:34:53 EDT 2002

RPM1 wrote:
> "Siegfried Gonzi" <siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote
>
>>I am not any longer willing to try the calculation on my Linux box and
>>Python 2.2 (20 Linux power off  shut downs are enough in a day; should I
>>destroy my laptop?).
>>

> Just curious, is your laptop a Hewlitt Packard?

No, it is a Gericom one. Only SuSE 8.0 can be installed on the Gericom
Overdose without any problems. It has got a SiS 630 chipset and this
causes some trouble with the X driver under SuSE 7.3,7.2,... (or one can
compile the kernel if he wants; I find it easier to use SuSE 8.0). Btw:
if someone has got a Gericom Overdose and want that he can use his
Winmodem under Linux he should get the driver from the SMARTLINK guys.
The Gericom Winmodem has got no brand name, but some nice guy assumed it
is a Winmodem from Smartlink. Write to the SMARTLINK developers and they
will send you a driver which works (at least for me).

S. Gonzi