compile python witout tkinter

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Fri Jun 21 03:47:46 EDT 2002

* kosh at aesaeion.com <kosh at aesaeion.com> [2002-06-21 01:26 -0600]:
> On a machine I need to build python on I need to build it without tkinter.

Why? Even if Tkinter gets compiled, it doesn't change anything for the
rest. You could even delete the tkinter modules afterwards, if you're
short on disk (quota).

> How can I do that. I didn't notice any configure options to do that
> and I also looked at Modules/Setup and that seems to have _tkinter
> commented out.

That's all there is to it.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930