Interactive socket connection

Rayed Al-Rashed rayed at saudi.net.sa
Sat Jun 1 05:10:51 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to build POP3 proxy, I want it to run from "inetd" so it should
communicate with the user using regular stdin, stdout.
I built a small code that should run as general proxy for any protocol, but
I faced the following problem, it doesn't show any output from the server
until I pass it a command, for example:

user rayed
+OK POP3 pop.mydomain.com server ready
pass mypass
+OK User name accepted, password please
rert 1
-ERR Bad login
quit
-ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command

+OK Sayonara

Any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks in advance,

- rayed

This the proxy code
--------------------------
#!/usr/bin/python
# POP3 proxy

import sys
import string
import socket
import asyncore
import select

class proxy (asyncore.dispatcher):
         def __init__(self, server, port):
                 asyncore.dispatcher.__init__(self)
                 self.create_socket(socket.AF_INET,socket.SOCK_STREAM)
                 self.connect ((server, port))

         def handle_connect (self):
                 pass

         def handle_read (self):