yield equivalent in C/JavaScript?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 12:20:07 EDT 2002

In article <5GFT8.369062$cQ3.24122 at sccrnsc01>, Emile van Sebille
<emile at fenx.com> writes
>Robin Becker
>> The IE stuff seems to rely too much on the URL extension so provided
>it
>> thinks it's htm or html IE 5.x seems OK.
>>

>Cool... last time I looked into this it didn't work on IE, and I found
>this on msdn
>
>If the server-provided MIME type is either known or ambiguous, the
>buffer is scanned in an attempt to verify or obtain a MIME type from the
>actual content.
>
>... that I read to mean 'if you tell it, it will make its own check
>anyway and ignore you' so I gave it up.
>
>Can you post an example url that causes IE to properly interpret
>
>Thanks,

I'll try and do that tomorrow, due to the latest apache worm scare I'm
rebuilding the reportlab.co.uk server at the moment. According to my
latest info this won't work for IE 4/5 on Macs, but I may be mistaken on
that.

The URL that I tried looked something like
http://www.reportlab.co.uk/cgi-bin/tgzenc.cgi?ttt.html

ie it had an extension '.html' when I tried with the extension
.html.gz IE only wanted to save the file.
--
Robin Becker