MS Word -- finding text

Prema prema at prema.co.nz
Sat Jun 15 15:40:40 EDT 2002

Hi David !
Thanks for your response.
The script I am building is intended to provide a search facility over
a group of word docs. The strategy is to pull plain text from the doc
in numbered paragraphs then search each para in Python and return any
found ones.

Simplified code so far .....

#######
from win32com.client import Dispatch
W=Dispatch('Word.Application')
D=W.Documents.Open('c:\\windows\\Desktop\\TOR.doc') ## Test Doc
FindRange=D.Content
F=FindRange.Find.Execute('Conman','True')
print FindRange.Text
#######
str() doesn't seem to work in this case
I tried using the codecs library but I think I am missing something

Thanks for your help with this !!
Kind regards
Mike