IDE recommendations??

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Sat Jun 15 15:24:30 EDT 2002

* Kragen Sitaker <kragen at pobox.com> [2002-06-15 15:05 -0400]:
> Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> writes:
> > I've tried to use most IDE's out there -- from Pythonwin to Pythonworks.
> > None was really comfortable, except for Wing IDE, which is really powerful.
> > It doesn't include integration of a GUI designer, though, which makes it
> > little more than a glorified editor/debugger (but _very_ glorified). At one
> > point there was a version of KDevelop that supported Python development, but
> > that has disappeared, it seems.
> >
> > I use bash & XEmacs & Designer nowadays, and that gives me a fair
> > productivity.
>
> I'd like to improve XEmacs to be a better Python IDE.

Does it have an integrated user-friendly debugger (not gdb/pdb-like),
something like right-click on a line and set a breakpoint?

If that GUD thing is only a crude interface like gdb/pdb, then no
thanks, I don't need it.

Otherwise, it would be really useful to have a web page that described
how to use it for Python development. Would be a nice addition to
www.python.org's Emacs page.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930