GOTO w/ Python?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Jun 20 15:53:03 EDT 2002

John Roth <johnroth at ameritech.net> wrote:
[snip]
> There's no equivalent of a goto command in Python, for good reason,
> which I won't repeat here. Prof. Djikstra did it very well in 1974,
> in his letter "Goto Considered Harmful."

The good old Djikstra! You know, some years ago in another newsgroup I saw
so many posts referring to some computer scientist called 'Djikstra', I
started to doubt myself and had to confirm that he really is called
'Dijkstra'.

Now I realize that there is a Djikstra, and a Dijkstra as well. Djikstra
is an evil clone of Dijkstra, which the Python Secret Underground is
keeping on ice in case they need any evil clones.

Regards,

'Martjin'