procmail replacement in Python

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Wed Jun 19 11:04:12 EDT 2002

* Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> [2002-06-19 18:19 +0400]:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:08:53AM -0500, Mark McEahern wrote:
> >   http://www.qcc.sk.ca/~charlesc/software/getmail-2.0/
>
>    "A POP3 mail retriever..." Hence, it is not fetchmail replacement, as
> fetchamil also does IMAP, and does it very well.

I don't need to retrieve emails from an IMAP server, and the whole point
of the exercise for me is to put them into my IMAP server at home. It
also looks an easy task to enhance getmail to include imap support. Hey,
it's written in Python, not C, where you'd need to reinvent to protocol
handling for the n-th time.

> Fetchmail also has good GUI configuration program, written in Python
> and Tkinter.

Pointless. fetchmail (and getmail even more) configuration is very easy.
If there were a GUI tool to write procmail rules, now that would make
sense. But even then only if it included a regex-wizard ;-)

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930