Python to MS SQL Server

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jun 20 08:41:49 EDT 2002

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes:

Steve> "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote ...
>> > From: Mark McEahern [mailto:marklists at mceahern.com]

>> environment, but do > > not see any database modules out there,
>> especially for > > native versus > > using ODBC. Is there such a
>> module?
>> >
>> > This is a total guess, because I haven't done this myself:
>> >
>> > Have you tried using win32com to use ADO?

>> AFAIK, there is no Python database module that goes directly to MS
>> SQL Server db lib. ADO does work however, so that's certainly an
>> option.  Personally, I would probably investigate e.g. mxODBC first
>> (the interface is much easier to use from Python).

Steve> I agree that ADO is a total pain (although hesitantly, since
Steve> Alex Martelli is known to favour it) in Python. I just never
Steve> got used to it in VBScript, I guess.

Steve> Don't I remember that Dave Col's Sybase module is supposed to
Steve> be usable with SQL Server too?

I also have a module which uses the MS db library.

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/

It needs more work, but might be sufficient for your needs.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au