distutils cygwin bdist_wininst

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Jul 23 01:11:44 EDT 2002

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, if I try that, I get an error:

 > c:\\python22\\python setup.py --compiler=mingw32
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
    or: setup.py --help-commands
    or: setup.py cmd --help

error: option --compiler not recognized

I get the same error with both the win32 Python and the Cygwin Python.
My win32 Python is the latest version. Any idea what is going wrong? I
attached my setup.py in case it is of any help.

Thanks again -- Michiel

setup.py:

#!/usr/bin/env python

setup(name="Cluster",
       version="1.01",
       description="The C Clustering Library",
       author="Michiel de Hoon",
       author_email="mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp",
      url="http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/software/software.html",
       packages = ['Pycluster'],

ext_modules=[Extension("Pycluster.cluster",["cluster.c","clustermodule.c",
"ranlib/src/ranlib.c","ranlib/src/com.c","ranlib/linpack/linpack.c"],include_dir
s=['ranlib/src'],extra_link_args=['-s'])]
       )