wxMDIChildFrame

Kevin Doyle doyle at acrossthebigpond.com
Sat Jul 20 20:14:41 EDT 2002

Hi

I am new to wxPython and Linux, moving from MS.  I am using the latest
release of wx and Python 2.2.

I have created the main app as a wxMDIParentFrame.  When I call the MDI
child:

test = frmEmployee(self,-1,"Employee Form")
test.Show(true)

(Just a snip)
class frmEmployee(wxMDIChildFrame):
    def __init__(self, parent, ID, title):
        wxMDIChildFrame.__init__(self, parent, ID, title,
           wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(400, 300), wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)

the child does not appear as a MDI Child.  As I create more instances of
the child a Tabbed interface is created....

How do I make the child appear as a MDI Child i.e. a frame with a title
bar etc...

Any help or pointers in teh right direction would be great.

One other question.  Should I use MDI at all?

Thanks

Kevin