How to grab a part of web page?

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 9 18:31:10 EDT 2002

A <printers at sendme.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to download only a part of web page?
> Say I need to find out an information about a customer that starts
> at 1500 byte position and ends at 2000 byte position. If the whole
> page has about 100 kb it seems to me waste of time to load all the
> page.
> What is the best, yet easy, solution?
> Is it possible to use httplib or necessary socket module?
> Thank you for help.
> Ladislav

I think it's possible.  When I use 'wget -c' to download HTML, sometimes I
see it start from an offset, rather than from the beginning.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin