Idle Import Error

Franz Steinhäusler f.steinhaeusler at amatic.com
Fri Jul 19 04:48:00 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm new to Python.

I've downloaded wxpython, pil and image_view. (win98)
When I try to start image_view from or from dos prompt, everything is
fine.

But if I want to start it from the idle program, i get the following
error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\image_view\image_view.py", line
7, in ?
    import hand_tool
ImportError: No module named hand_tool

the hand_tool.py is in the same folder as image_view.py.

It seems, that the directory, from which image_view.py is started, no
other files are searched there.

I must start idle with with the setting "Aufsführen in" (run from)
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\image_view", then it works.

How can I accomplish, that the directory, from which the .py file is
started, will be searched for other files too?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Franz Steinhaeusler