XML content in a POST request (httplib)?

Gordian Gossen ggossen at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:55:20 EDT 2002

Hello,

I would like to transmit the content of a XML-file in the body of a
POST request.

What i did not understand:
--------------------------

How to put the a string, which contains the XML content, into the body
without making a key value pair?

Does I need a key value /pair to transmit data in the POST request
body?

The examples I found about httplib always transmitt one or more key /
value pairs.

eg.
params = urllib.urlencode({'spam': 1, 'eggs': 2, 'bacon': 0})
conn.request("POST", "/cgi-bin/query", params, headers)

Thank you for your time.

MFG.
Gordian Gossen

p.s.
I am making my diploma at University of Applied Science in Germany and
hang with at this point.

Please help.