XML overuse? (was Re: Python to XML to Python conversion)

Clark C . Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Fri Jul 12 20:29:47 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:07:53AM +0100, Jonathan Hogg wrote:
| I'm not sure it is possible to "overuse" XML. If you need to read and write
| structured data, why bother coming up with your own format? (see: the entire
| contents of /etc) Or why use something that is proprietary to a particular
| language or system? (see: Pickle)

For my purposes, YAML (http://yaml.org) is doing just
perfectly.  It has lots of advantages over XML, first
it is readable and second it uses native Python objects
(instead of a document object model)

Best,

Clark
Yo! Check out YAML!
http://yaml.org

--
Clark C. Evans                   Axista, Inc.
http://www.axista.com            800.926.5525